Tuesday, June 21, 2011

La Sportiva Trango Evo Boots



















   I love my new Trango S Evo GTX boots! I just used them for a work assignment, guiding the Keyhole on Longs Peak. The Trango Evos are the perfect boot for this type of climb in spring. The boots were comfortable from start to finish, worked well on the dry trail at the start and worked even better when I got to the snow shortly thereafter. The strong and durable lug sole assisted me with kicking perfect steps for my clients, and with the sticky sole I was confident of being surefooted when rock climbing and boulder hopping. The transition to crampons higher on the route was quick and easy with the crampon compatibility (TPU crampon reinforcement), and the boots worked almost as well as an ice climbing boot for climbing snow and ice. Oh yeah, it's as light as a tennis shoe and my feet felt great after the sixteen mile round trip - this boot does it all if it's not too cold!
Have fun and be safe out there.

Steve Johnson
Colorado Mountain School Senior Mountain Guide
AMGA Rock and Alpine Guide Certified



No comments: